3 QUESTIONS TO GASPARD DE BELOT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR OF STRATUMN
They are our clients, our friends, good contacts or just people we met in the crypto-community. They have new vision, they are running great projects, they are developing new services or they just want to share their story. Havas Blockchain is interviewing key people of the blockchain ecosystem.
We are today with Gaspard de Belot, development director of stratumn :
- CAN YOU PRESENT STRATUMN?
Stratumn’s mission is to restore trust between partners that are collaborating on a shared process.
We believe trust is like an economic lubricant. It reduces transaction costs, improves cooperation and engages your customers. The better the conditions for trust, the better the conditions for prosperity.
With trust in mind, we first started with building a new protocol to help businesses to trust processes they depend on and that they shared with multiple partners. We call it Proof of Process (PoP): it is the core of all our products and services.
In a nutshell, we restore trust between customers, enterprises and regulator by building frictionless and secured inter-enterprise processes, using blockchain and cryptography technologies.
2. WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN CLIENTS AND PROJECTS THAT YOU CAN TALK ABOUT?
At the beginning, we conducted projects for different industries and on different use cases.
We are now focusing on strong regulatory processes involving different partners and based on document workflows.
Therefore, our main clients are present in strong regulatory environments such as the financial service industry. However, any document-based process that is critical for a company is eligible for our solution.
As an example, we contracted with a major European bank to support their “Know Your Customer” processes. In this case, Stratumn provides:
1. End to end traceability of the process, with the ability to know who integrates which data, when, where and why. This information is essential for the customer — (“what is being done with my data?”), the Bank (“Can I check that my KYC has been well performed”), and the Regulator (“Can I audit the process?”)
2. Security of exchanged information: with the ability to collect securely and directly from customers their data, as well as exchanging those critical pieces of information within the banking Group and with external stakeholders such as the Regulator
3. Process streamlining, especially via digitization and automatization of data collection to improve customer experience, reduce costs for the Bank, and simplify the Regulator works
This example provides a good overview of the kind of use cases we are tackling:
- A critical process with important stakes for the stakeholders
- A process involving multiple partners that need to secure information
- A complex process that can be streamlined
3. HOW BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGIES CAN IMPROVE COMPLIANCE PROCESS?
Blockchain technologies have a multitude of advantages that can be used in different use cases. At Stratumn, we leverage on 3 main assets of this technology:
1. Proof of existence: using blockchain technology, a participant can prove to its partners that an action in a process has been performed
2. Immutability of information: Transactions are set in stone and cannot be altered by any partners. Blockchain provides trust in the data exchanged between partners
3. Independent verifications: Transactions registered on the blockchain can be independently verified by any stakeholders
At Stratumn, we combine those blockchain assets with advanced cryptography and data structuration to deeply improve compliance processes.
Any partners now have the possibility to trace on an end-to-end basis its critical processes and exchange securely information with its partners, knowing in real time who, did what, when, where and why.